Knowledge Management Centre (KMC)
The library is the central knowledge management hub at the National Institute of Design, Assam. NID library provides an opportunity for students, faculty, and readers to gather the educational and research needs. The Knowledge Management Centre (KMC) started its functioning from August 2019 and is located at the center of the institute in an aesthetically built two-storeyed building occupying an area of 673.44 sq m along with sufficient reading space. The KMC is well organized in terms of infrastructure including various resources of physical and electronic collections. The KMC of NID Assam has been upgraded with an automatic system which integrated with Koha Library Management Software. The KMC is fully air-conditioned, CCTV and Wi-Fi enabled building which is accoutered with RFID system for smooth functioning of its services. The library is rich in terms of hardware infrastructure and owns Self-
Issue Return Kiosk, Self-Book Drop Unit, OPAC Kiosk, and other modern amenities. This knowledge hub also intends to develop its collections and other resources as well as to expand its services via the Digital Library platform.
VISION: Strengthening the academic community of the National Institute of Design Assam with upgraded collections, innovative services, and state-of-the-art technologies by a strategic partnership with national and international library networks.
MISSION: The Knowledge Management Centre promises to promote the NID Assam’s mission as well as to cater, discover, preserve, and disseminate knowledge to the community. It engages with ongoing technological transformations to deliver physical and digital content and services significant to education, research, publication, and outreach.
NEWS & EVENTS
THOUGHT OF THE DAY
Property Counter Section
Audio-visual Collection Section
Book Processing Section
Special Collection Section
Bound Volume Section
Hindi / Regional Book Section
The collection of library covers the latest information resources on all areas of Industrial Design, Textiles and Apparel Design, Communication Design, Engineering, Technology, Science, Social Science, Humanities etc. KMC is providing access to e-books, e-journals and other e-resources through various databases. The users can access these subscribed databases as well as the KMC OPAC from any terminal within the Institute’s campus.
1. Print Books
3. e-Journal databases
4. e-Book database
5. Bound volume
6. Consortia Membership
7. Audio-video Collections
8. News papers
Dr. Tonmay Sabhapandit
Ms. Krishna Das
Mr. Indranil Chakraborty
Mr. Suman Chowdhury, Associate Senior Faculty
Dr. Bisheshwar Haorongbam, Associate Senior Faculty
Mr. Titu Mili, Faculty
Mr. Ulemba Meetei Hirom, Faculty
Dr. Tonmay Sabhapandit, Head Librarian
KMC is providing the following services:
1. Membership: The following categories of persons shall become members of KMC by default:
All the faculty members of NID Assam
All the regular students of NID Assam
All other regular employees of NID Assam
Provided that a person other than the above categories may be allowed to become member of the library as a special case on a request in writing from the person concerned.
2. Book circulation: KMC provides the facility of issue, return, renewal of books through the RFID-based technology to all the library members.
Book Circulation Policy at KMC, NID Assam
Number of Books
Duration of Issue
Fine per day / perbook
3. Current Awareness Services:
* Latest Arrival Display
* Course Wise Reference Book Display
4. Reading facility
5. Reference Services: Users may approach the Head Librarian & Sr. Assistant Librarian for information or any assistance in the use of the Library Collections and Services. The following reference services are provided by KMC:
i). Ready reference service on requested query: on the spot, through email and telephone
ii). Information about library services
iii). Information about library resources
iv). Information about Infrastructure development
v). Information about new initiatives being taken
6. User Orientation and Information Literacy Program: KMC being the service provider, arranges the user orientation/education programme for the Students and Faculty of NID Assam every year in the beginning of new session. In this programme, KMC also educate about the system and services of the library. Apart from this, different topic related to users research / academic work is also covered in this programme from time to time.
7. Printing/ scanning Services: KMC provides printing and scanning facility, which is available at Reprographic Section. A user can get the printing/scanning of desired documents on free of cost with prior approval.
Important / Quick Links
1. Membership Form
2. Book Recommendation Form
3. Declaration on Lost Library Item of KMC, NID Assam
4. Rules & Regulations of KMC, NID Assam
5. List of empanelled Vendors
Knowledge Management Centre
National Institute of Design,
Tocklai, Rajabari, Jorhat, Assam, 785014
Last Modified: 23rd Aug, 2023, 09:35:20 AM (GMT+5:30)